Application Help

Help for My Neighborhood application

FAQ for public maps

  1. How do I open the public maps?
    The public maps are saved in PDF format. You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the maps. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your machine, you can download it here for free.

  2. It takes very long time to open the map, How can I make the downloading time faster?
    Some maps (especially wall size maps) have very big size because of the map details. Please keep patient for opening the maps. Instead of opening from your browser window, you can save the map into your local hard drive and then open the map using Adobe Acrobat Reader program. That may save you time for zoom in/zoom out the maps. 
  3. How often do you update the maps in Public Maps Library?
    We update the maps quarterly.
  4. I do not have large printer to print wall size maps, can I request the wall size hard copy maps from your office?
    Yes. You can call 252-296-3344 for wall size hard copy maps. $10 printing materials fee would be charged.

FAQ for using historic preservation application

  1. What is Historic Preservation Application
    Historical Preservation Application is a GIS online application that an online user can look up and search city-recognized historical sites to find out the current and historic property pictures and documents. The application also list all the landmark properties inside City of Wilson. The application can help Historic Preservation Commission make informed decision and can help citizens to get more knowledge about historic preservations.
  2. Where can I get the current Historic Preservation Commission Agenda?
    To get the current or previous historic preservation commission agenda, click here


Parcel property attribute fields definitions Parcel property attribute fields definitions (29 KB)