City Council makes appointments
Friday, March 22, 2013
The Wilson City Council made these appointments to city boards, commissions and committees at its meeting Thursday, March 21:
- Wedgewood Golf Course Advisory Committee: appointed, Clarence Barnette; reappointed, Randy Marshburn.
- Wilson Appearance Commission: appointed, Darriell Lee Thorns.
- Cemetery Commission: appointed, Debra Grover Deaton; reappointed, Hughes Dillard.
- Firemen’s Relief Fund Board: reappointed, Charlotte Turner.
- Rocky Mount-Wilson Airport Authority: appointed, Eldon Sharpe Newton, Jr.
- Wilson Parking Commission: reappointed, Bowie Gray.
- Committee on Patriotism: appointed, Fate T. Franks Jr., Jacqueline V. Knight; reappointed, Emerson Ray Chambers, Horace Goff.
- Wilson Committee for Persons with Disabilities: appointed, Lateisha Annette Daniel, Natashia Shantal Shelley; reappointed, Sandra J. Barnes, Paula Glover.
- Recreation Commission: appointed, Willie Thurman Thomas, Coy C. Crosby II; reappointed, Jonathan Stancil, Michael E. Vick.
- Historic Preservation Commission: appointed, Myra Artis.
The City Council expressed its appreciation to these citizens for their service on boards:
- Wedgewood Golf Course Advisory Committee, Billy Ray Gay.
- Cemetery Commission, Warren C. Shepard.
- Rocky Mount-Wilson Airport Authority, William T. Lamm Ill.
- Wilson Parking Commission, Ray Stallings.
- Wilson Committee for Persons with Disabilities, Michael Charrington, Doretha Ward Kent.
- Recreation Commission, James Smith, Marvin J. Squires Jr.
- Historic Preservation Commission, Betty Louise S. Walston